We will accept applications for PreK
on April 5th, 2017 between 9:00am and 11:30am.
You must bring two proofs of residency
and the child's certified birth certificate to begin the
application process. Thank you!
To apply, parents need to bring the following:
1. Original birth certificate (Child must be 4 years old by August 15)
2. Social Security Card
3. Current Immunization Record/TN Form
4. Current Physical/TN Form
5. 2 Proofs of Residency: Must be zoned for a Title 1 School
6. Proof of Income
For additional information: http://www.hcde.org/programs/
Þ 2 PROOFS OF RESIDENCY
Select 1 item from this list: Current electric, water, gas, phone, cable bills within the last 30-60 days/current rent receipt or mortgage payment
AND select 1 item from this list : Current lease or mortgage
Parents who are living with another family:
The following circumstances require an affidavit from
Student Assignment-Board of Education Building
3074 Hickory Valley Road, Chattanooga, TN 37421
1. Both families come in and sign the affidavit.
(Unless custodial family already has children at this
school and has at least 2 of the above acceptable documents
in their name).
2. Supporting family provides 2 of the following:
Current electric, water, gas, phone or cable bill
(within the last 30-60 days); lease with landlord’s
name and phone number; mortgage, insurance, Agency
or court documentation.
3. Custodial family must provide exit proof from previous
residence, examples: termination, final bill proof;
change of address from Post Office or documents in their
name at the current address.
4. Custodial family must also provide certified Birth Certificates
and Social Security cards for children new to Hamilton County.
5. Custodial family must have Immunization records put on
a Tennessee form (this can be done at the Health
Department at no charge or your private physician). Also
show the school proof of a recent physical within a year.